Spring Canyon campground is beautiful campground near Grand Coulee in the Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area.
Several activities are planned by park staff in the near future. Here’s the schedule:
What: Spring Canyon Ranger-Conducted Activities
Hands-on activities, Junior Ranger Activities, brochures and park information!
Where: Spring Canyon Exploration Center
Open 1:30-3:30 Saturday and Sunday
All Activities meet in the Spring Canyon Exploration Center unless otherwise noted.
Saturday July 12, 2014
Sunday July 13, 2014
Sunday July 20, 2014
4:30 PMGuided Bird Walk.
Join Ranger Deborah on a walk through the campground area and Bunchgrass Nature Trail of Spring Canyon to discover and experience the area’s birds. We will be walking about a mile while observing the birds. We will also be talking about why birds are so important. Please meet at the Bunchgrass Nature Trailhead. 45-60 minutes.
- Please bring a bottle of water and apply sunscreen.
- This is a very active bee and wasp area. Please no bare feet and have epinephrine if highly allergic.
Saturday July 19, 2014
6:00 PM Crescent Bay Canoe Trip
Join Ranger Deborah for a free canoe trip exploring the wonders of Crescent Bay Lake. We
supply the canoes, paddles, life jackets and instruction. Beginners are welcome but an adult must
accompany children under 16.
- The trip is limited to 17-19 people, so reservations are strongly encouraged. Please make your reservations in person at the Spring Canyon Exploration Center on Saturday July 19, 2014 between 1:30-3:30.
- You must have your own transportation for the 10 minute drive to Crescent Bay Lake.
- Bring water.
- Approximately 2 ½ hours, including drive time.